1.Protecting your privacy
- We don’t run banner ads, pop ups, pop under, or any other kind of commercial ads for third parties.
- We don’t share your information with third parties for marketing purposes.
- We don’t engage in cross-marketing or link-referral programs with other sites.
Canadian Marine Parts may provide links to third party websites, which may have different privacy practices. We are not responsible for, nor have any control over, the privacy policies of those third party websites, and encourage all users to read the privacy policies of each and every website visited.
2.Data we collect
- We sometimes collect your email address, for purposes such as sending correspondence and confirmation emails, providing subscription email services such as company service newsletters, etc.
- For ordered services, we collect contact information, such as name(s), phone/fax number(s), and address for billing purposes.
- Credit Card information is collected solely for the purpose of facilitating the purchase by you of desired Canadian Marine Parts products or services. Under no circumstance is this information ever reused or released without strict court order or subpoena from a Canadian court of law. We do not store credit information on any transaction. As a result, online shoppers are required to submit credit card information with every new transaction.
- We may track your location and contact details for marketing purposes, using cookies or web beacons. This is for internal usage and these tracking and contact details are reported in summary without personal details.
Our web logs collect standard web log entries for each page served, including your IP address, page URL, and timestamp. Web logs help us to diagnose problems with our server, to administer the Canadian Marine Parts site, and to otherwise provide our service to you.
3.Data we store
- All billing information excluding credit card and debit card numbers are stored. The billing information is for your warranty and our protection in case of payment verification with your supplying payment management institution
- Our web logs and other records are stored indefinitely.
- You have the right to know exactly what information has been kept, please call or email if you would like to make an inquiry.
No information provided by you for the purpose of purchasing any product or service will be stored on the internet. All information is kept on a separate firewalled and virus protected server.
- Online shopping with Canadian Marine Parts is secure. Personal and credit card information entered on the site is transmitted electronically in a format that cannot be intercepted, altered or decoded by a third party as it is encrypted to ensure its confidentiality.
- Canadian Marine Parts complies with SSL encryption standards, under which transaction information will always be transmitted securely. Credit card payment is made directly through Stripe (stripe.com).
5.Circumstances in which Canadian Marine Parts may release personal information
- Canadian Marine Parts may disclose information about its users if required to do so by any Canadian court of law or in the good faith belief that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to respond to subpoenas, court orders, or other legal process.
By visiting our web site and providing us with data, you acknowledge and agree that due to the international dimension of Canadian Marine Parts we may use the data collected in the course of our relationship for the purposes identified in this policy or in our other communications with you, including the transmission of information outside your resident jurisdiction. In addition, please understand that such data may be stored on servers located in Canada. By providing us with your data, you consent to the transfer of such data.